2023 GRADE 12 RETREAT!!!!!
MOTIVATION TO KEEP GOING FOR THE GRADE 12s 2023.
By Zondi Khololwethu
Venue: Nandoni leisure park
Date. : 22nd April 2023
Purpose of the day: Motivation for the 2023 Grade 12s
People present : FET teachers, kitchen staff, vice principal, principal, grade 12 learners, Mr. James Tlhavani and Father Joseph.
The program was started by Vongani Jeleni with a short prayer. Mr. Mushaikwa being the program director introduced Mr. James Tlhavani from Mavambe who shared his heart felt story about his background. He shared many motivation quotes with us and he said “Life is not fair nor easy. Poverty is like a blanket, one day you will have to take it off.”
Success needs to be planted and worked for. You need to know :
What is it that must stop in your life? What is it that must wait? What must continue? And what must start?
10 Tips that lead to success
- Discipline- a disciplined person knows what comes first.
- Uproot the weeds- clear what distracts you in life.
- Sacrifice- if you don’t sacrifice for life, then life will sacrifice you.
- Hard work and practise- hard work pays off and practise makes perfect.
- Planning- failing to plan is planning to fail. Plan your life.
- Time for sleep- maximum time for sleep for a person looking forward to success is 6 hours the rest set your life by studying.
- Focus- set your focus on what you want in life, stay there and you will be successful.
- Goal setting- thrive for the best and set your life.
- Time management- being on time shows respect and being a good listener.
- Fear God- put God first in everything you do.
Poverty is not about not having money but it is about not having brains.
Attitude is a 100% word it is yours to choice. To u, is it 100% success or 100% failure.
- Your attitude will either make you or break you.
- Negative attitude is like a flat tire, you can not move forward.
“SUCCESS COMES FROM WITHIN. “
Stop comparing yourself with other people and start competing with yourself. Beat your own records, not people’s success in the present test.
GIVE YOURSELF TIME AND IT WILL ALL WORK OUT.
Like I said in ‘Tip 10- put God in everything that you do’, children need to be guided about the word of God. The program ended with the words of encouragement from Father Joseph from Tzaneen. He quoted Bible verses as follows :
- Ecclesiastes 4:9-10
- Isaiah 36:3-4
- 2 Corinthians 2:7-8
- Psalm 66:16-17
- Psalm 68:30-32
- Proverbs 4:23
- Psalm 133:1
- Luke 24:32
- Isaiah 58:10
- Isaiah 50
Encouraging and helping those in need will one day come back to u as a blessing. Sharing words of comfort, love and appreciation with those who are feeling low. Forgiving and reassuring those who’ve made mistakes.
“GOD AND HIS WORD IS OUR SOUCE OF ENCOURAGEMENT “
Father Joseph with a short song of encouragement.
The program ended at 1pm after a candle prayer for all and vote of thanks by Tinotenda Mushaninga representing all the learners.
What we think, will determine our future in the world.
Success is a destination. You need a direction and motivation in other to succeed. The school serves as a direction and on this day they were given motivation, now it’s up to them to look for their aspiration and let’s hope it matches up to our expectations.